Broccoli Soup Shots with Cheddar Bites
A few tips for making great grilled cheese sandwiches: Grate the cheese (it'll melt evenly); butter the outsides of the bread, instead of putting butter in the pan; and cover the pan as you cook.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 181
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 7.5g
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 522mg
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound steamed broccoli florets
- 2 grilled cheese sandwiches made with white cheddar and sourdough, crusts trimmed
- 1. Heat broth, half-and-half, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan until simmering. Add broccoli. Working in batches, purée mixture in a blender until very smooth.
- 2. Cut each sandwich into 1-in. squares.
- 3. Divide soup among 10 shot glasses. For each, push a decorative skewer* through 2 mini sandwiches and set over glass.
- *We got our skewers from Pick On Us (pickonus.com).
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note