Excellent soup will make again soon. Easy
Broccoli Soup with Blue Cheese
The creator of this creamy soup—Sunset reader Amy Bentley, of Scottsdale, Arizona—suggests using an American blue cheese; we especially like it with Point Reyes Original Blue. For an added bit of indulgence, sprinkle the soup with crumbled bacon.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 314
- Calories from fat: 65%
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 921mg
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli florets
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1. Melt butter in a medium pot over high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add broccoli and broth and cook, covered, until florets are tender, about 7 minutes.
- 2. Spoon out 1 cup small florets and reserve. Add 1/4 cup cheese, the salt, pepper, and half-and-half to pot. Working in batches, purée soup in a blender until very smooth, about 2 minutes per batch.
- 3. Divide mixture among 4 bowls. Garnish each with reserved florets, a sprinkle of remaining 1/4 cup cheese, and a few croutons.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note