I made this with a green pepper b/c I didn't have a red one. I thought it was good and healthy tasting. I ate it warm and added a little more cheese. My husband would probably pass on it though b/c it would taste "too healthy" for him. But good to keep in the fridge for a quick veggie side.
Broccoli Slaw Sauté
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 61
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 183mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 (2-by-1/4-inch) julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 1 sliced green onion
- 1 (12-ounce) package broccoli coleslaw
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1. Warm oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the garlic and cook, stirring 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant. Add the red bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- 2. Add the broccoli coleslaw, salt, black pepper, and vinegar. Cook, stirring 4-5 minutes or until the slaw is tender but not mushy.
- 3. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl, and sprinkle with grated cheese, if desired. Can be served warm or cold.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables