I usually don't care for raw broccoli so I hesitated to make this. I was most pleasantly surprised. This was my best side for the 4th of July and my company raved on it. The only thing I did different was make my own candied pecans since the ones in the store had so many bad ingredients in them.
Broccoli Slaw with Candied Pecans
Everyone is sure to love this broccoli slaw with sweet candied pecans at your next cook out.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 small head napa cabbage (about 1 lb.), thinly sliced*
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 (3.5-oz.) package roasted glazed pecan pieces
- 1. Cut broccoli florets from stems; separate florets into small pieces using a paring knife. Peel away tough outer layer of stems; finely chop stems.
- 2. Whisk together mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; add cabbage, raisins, and broccoli, and stir to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour. Stir in pecans just before serving.
- *1 (16-oz.) package coleslaw mix may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note