Excellent flavors and texture! I doubled the golden raisins and halved again the dressing (it seemed a bit dry) used red pepper flakes and made my own candied pecans. I have made a similar recipe using bacon, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and without the cabbage, however this recipe is just as good if not better - a keeper!
Broccoli Slaw with Candied Pecans
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Food Styling: Amy Wilson
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 small head napa cabbage (about 1 lb.), thinly sliced*
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 (3.5-oz.) package roasted glazed pecan pieces
- 1. Cut broccoli florets from stems; separate florets into small pieces using a paring knife. Peel away tough outer layer of stems; finely chop stems.
- 2. Whisk together mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; add cabbage, raisins, and broccoli, and stir to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour. Stir in pecans just before serving.
- *1 (16-oz.) package coleslaw mix may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads