Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 8 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups chopped green cabbage
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Mayo-Sour Cream Dressing
- 1. Trim 1/2 inch from bottom of broccoli stem. Cut broccoli lengthwise into 4 pieces.
- 2. Bring salt and 2 qt. water to a boil in a Dutch oven over high heat. Add broccoli, and cook 2 minutes or just until broccoli turns bright green. (Do not overcook.) Drain broccoli, and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes. Drain broccoli, and pat dry between paper towels. Chop broccoli florets and stems.
- 3. Combine broccoli, green cabbage, and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add 1 cup Mayo-Sour Cream Dressing, and toss to coat. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours. Add additional dressing, if desired.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Make this easy and delicious winter salad 8 to 24 hours ahead to allow the flavors to meld.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads