I really liked this but my husband, who likes broccoli, would not touch it and the blue cheese scared off others. It makes a lot. I would make half the amount next time. Used non fat yogurt in place of the sour cream and cranberries in place of cherries. Also reduced sugar.
Broccoli Salad With Lemon Pepper-Blue Cheese Dressing
A sprinkling of sugar creates the sweet-sharp taste of a traditional broccoli salad dressing, but you can reduce the amount if desired.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 (4-oz.) package crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 cups chopped fresh broccoli (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Gala apple (1 large apple)
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1. Heat pine nuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Whisk together blue cheese crumbles and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl; add broccoli, apple, and cherries, gently tossing to coat. Cover and chill 2 to 8 hours; stir in toasted pine nuts just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note