This was delicious and so easy to make -- way better than the pizza I make and place directly in the oven. I added garlic, red onions, and sauteed chicken. One package of the Trader Joes wheat pizza was the perfect amount of crust for a 12" pan. I'll make this again and again.
Broccoli Rabe Skillet Pizza
Photo: Alex Farnum; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 265
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Sodium: 350mg
- Cholesterol: 4.2mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ball (1 lb.) whole-wheat pizza dough
- 4 ounces broccoli rabe, cut into 1 1/2-in. pieces
- About 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Heat a large ovenproof frying pan over medium-low heat. Add 1 tbsp. oil and brush all over pan.
- 2. Press dough with your hands, working on a floured surface, into a 13-in. round. Press into frying pan so it comes up sides slightly. Cook until golden on bottom, 5 minutes. Slide onto a plate.
- 3. Add remaining oil to pan along with the vegetables, salt, and chile. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until peppers begin to brown. Transfer to a plate.
- 4. Invert dough back into pan, golden side up, and press down into pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella, leaving a border around edge. Scatter vegetables over cheese and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- 5. Bake pizza in pan until crust is crisp, about 15 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note