This was delicious and so easy to make -- way better than the pizza I make and place directly in the oven. I added garlic, red onions, and sauteed chicken. One package of the Trader Joes wheat pizza was the perfect amount of crust for a 12" pan. I'll make this again and again.
Broccoli Rabe Skillet Pizza
Photo: Alex Farnum; Styling: Karen Shinto
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 265
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Sodium: 350mg
- Cholesterol: 4.2mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ball (1 lb.) whole-wheat pizza dough
- 4 ounces broccoli rabe, cut into 1 1/2-in. pieces
- About 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Heat a large ovenproof frying pan over medium-low heat. Add 1 tbsp. oil and brush all over pan.
- 2. Press dough with your hands, working on a floured surface, into a 13-in. round. Press into frying pan so it comes up sides slightly. Cook until golden on bottom, 5 minutes. Slide onto a plate.
- 3. Add remaining oil to pan along with the vegetables, salt, and chile. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until peppers begin to brown. Transfer to a plate.
- 4. Invert dough back into pan, golden side up, and press down into pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella, leaving a border around edge. Scatter vegetables over cheese and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- 5. Bake pizza in pan until crust is crisp, about 15 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes