This is delicious. I used regular broccoli that I had on hand and it was still fantastic. This will be a staple for weeknight meals for sure.
Broccoli Rabe with Sesame and Soy
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
Splashes of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil heighten the flavor of this Broccoli Rabe with Sesame and Soy side dish.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 71
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Sodium: 251mg
- 1 pound broccoli rabe (rapini)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Cook broccoli rabe in boiling water 2 minutes; drain.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add peanut oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add crushed red pepper and garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli rabe to pan; cook 2 minutes. Stir in salt and black pepper.
- 2. Gently toss sautéed rabe in soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, and sesame oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This