Broccoli Rabe with Garlic and Golden Raisins
Complete your meal with this simple side dish of Broccoli Rabe with Garlic and Golden Raisins.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 95
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 13.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 155mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 1 pound broccoli rabe (rapini)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Cut broccoli rabe into 2-inch pieces. Cook broccoli rabe in boiling water 2 minutes; drain.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add crushed red pepper and garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli rabe and raisins to pan; cook 2 minutes. Stir in salt and black pepper.
- VARIATION 1. Broccoli Rabe with Polenta Croutons: Prepare base recipe, omitting raisins. Cut four 1-inch slices of refrigerated tube polenta; cut slices into 1-inch cubes. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add polenta; cook 8 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Top broccoli rabe with croutons. Serves 4 (serving size: about 2/3 cup) CALORIES 137; FAT 6.8g (sat 0.9g); SODIUM 253mg
- VARIATION 2. Broccoli Rabe with Sesame and Soy: Prepare base recipe, keeping rabe whole, mincing garlic, substituting 2 teaspoons peanut oil for olive oil, and omitting raisins. Gently toss sautéed rabe in 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce, 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds. Serves 4 (serving size: about 2/3 cup) CALORIES 71; FAT 3.2g (sat 0.5g); SODIUM 251mg
- VARIATION 3. Broccoli Rabe with White Beans and Parmesan: Prepare base recipe, increasing oil to 2 tablespoons, increasing red pepper to 1/4 teaspoon, increasing garlic to 5 cloves, omitting raisins, and increasing black pepper to 1/2 teaspoon. Stir in 1 (15-ounce) can rinsed and drained cannellini beans; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Top with 1 ounce shaved Parmesan cheese. Serves 6 (serving size: about 3/4 cup) CALORIES 119; FAT 5.9g (sat 1.4g); SODIUM 273mg
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note