Broccoli Rabe, Butternut Squash, and White Bean Soup
To make this simple-to-prepare soup even easier, look for chopped peeled squash in the produce section of your supermarket. If you're unable to find broccoli rabe, substitute escarole.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 195
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 15.4g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 756mg
- Calcium: 100mg
- 2 cups (3/4-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe (rapini), trimmed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 1/2 cups Rich Turkey Stock
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Arrange squash in a single layer on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; toss well to coat. Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Cut the broccoli rabe crosswise into thirds. Cook broccoli rabe in boiling water 5 minutes; drain. Set aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add squash, stock, and beans; cook 10 minutes. Place 1 1/2 cups vegetable mixture in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Return puréed mixture to pan; stir in broccoli rabe and salt. Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Broccoli Rabe, Butternut Squash, and White Bean Soup Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This