- 6 cups chopped broccoli florets (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup minced shallots (about 4 large)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds peeled Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- calories 225
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 7.4 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- monofat 2.1 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 10.1 g
- carbohydrate 30.1 g
- fiber 3.3 g
- cholesterol 22.7 mg
- iron 1.9 mg
- sodium 432 mg
- calcium 199 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; toss to combine.
Layer one-third of potato slices in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, overlapping to fit; top with half of broccoli mixture. Repeat layers, ending with potato. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Place 3 tablespoons flour in a medium bowl. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly with a whisk; stir in broth. Pour milk mixture over potato mixture. Top evenly with butter. Cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake 25 minutes or until browned. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.