Make this meatless pasta dish for a comforting and quick family dinner. The kids will love the creamy alfredo sauce and you will love that they are eating more broccoli.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package uncooked farfalle or bow-tie pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots*
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup refrigerated grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 3 minutes of cooking time; drain and keep warm.
- 2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots, and sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in half-and-half. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in Parmesan cheese and next 3 ingredients until smooth. Stir in pasta and broccoli. Serve immediately.
- *1/4 cup finely chopped onion may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note