So good! I never have leftovers.
Broccoli and Parmesan Casserole
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 154
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 11.9g
- Carbohydrate: 16.6g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 415mg
- Calcium: 274mg
- 8 cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets (about 2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) reduced-fat shredded extrasharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 12 garlic melba toast rounds
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook broccoli in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Place flour, salt, and dry mustard in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat; gradually add the fat-free milk and chicken broth, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook for 8 minutes or until it is thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and add shredded cheddar cheese and 6 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in pimientos and pepper. Add broccoli, tossing to coat.
- Spoon the broccoli mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Place garlic melba toast rounds in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup. Combine toast crumbs and the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle evenly over broccoli mixture. Spray top of casserole lightly with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes