- 8 cups broccoli flowerets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground marjoram
- Optional: additional Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Steam broccoli, covered, in a steamer basket over boiling water 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a heavy saucepan; add onion and sauté until tender. Add flour and bouillon granules, stirring until blended. Cook, stirring constantly, one minute. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantely, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and next 4 ingredients; pour over broccoli. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired.