- 1 (16-ounce) package fresh broccoli flowerets
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make It
Steam broccoli, covered, in a steamer basket over boiling water 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Keep warm.
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan; add onion, and sauté until tender. Add flour and bouillon granules, stirring until blended. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and next 4 ingredients; pour over broccoli. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired.