Broccoli Mushroom Casserole
From Cynthia Edmiston: Sullivan's Island, South Carolina. Recipe published in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 pound(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cup(s) chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can(s) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 1/4 cup(s) (5 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup(s) crushed baked potato chips
- • In a large saucepan, combine the water, mushrooms, broccoli and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- • Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, egg whites, egg, mustard, pepper and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese. Drain vegetables; stir into soup mixture.
- • Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with potato chips and remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note