Impressive looking and tasty dish that was super cheap and eay to make. It actually tasted alot like green bean casserole. I think I will add some of the French's Fried Onions to the top next time. Great dish thanks!
This easy, low-fat broccoli casserole is made with a homemade white sauce instead of a can of cream soup and is topped wtih seasoned breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.19
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 108
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Sodium: 391mg
- Salt and pepper
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist a 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook for 4 minutes. Drain; rinse under cold water. Pat dry; transfer to baking dish.
- Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion for 3 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms; sauté for 2 minutes. Raise heat to high; sauté for 3 minutes. Add to baking dish and season mixture with salt, pepper and red pepper.
- Wipe out skillet; return to medium heat. Melt 2 T bsp. butter, then add flour. Cook, stirring, until smooth, 2 minutes. Whisk in milk; bring to a boil. Whisk for 5 minutes, until thickened. Add mustard; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over broccoli mixture, spreading with a wooden spoon to cover
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan. Stir in melted butter. Sprinkle mixture over casserole. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note