Wow, I'm really the first to rate this one. I usually like to see what others have done first. Made a few very minor variations to it, I used Broccoli and Cauliflower mix. It was really good, but just to change it up a little next time I think I might add some dill to the veggie mix.
Broccoli Meat Roll (ground beef and ham)
Broccoli is a versatile vegetable that pairs nicely with the ham and cheese. From Diane Burling: Pingree, North Dakota. Recipe published in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 3/4 cup(s) soft bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 3 cup(s) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 2 1/2-ounce package(s) thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/3 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- • In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, ketchup, bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and oregano. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- • On a piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Top with broccoli to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with remaining salt. Top with ham. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1 minute longer or until the cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note