Broccoli Mac & Cheese Bake
- 3 cup(s) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 cup(s) fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 12-ounce can(s) evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cup(s) (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) crushed cornbread-flavored crackers (about 6 crackers)
- • Cook macaroni according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 3-4 minutes; drain.
- • In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt until smooth; gradually stir in evaporated milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 2 cups cheese.
- • Place half of the macaroni and broccoli in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs and remaining cheese.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note