This was delicious!! I added chicken, sharp white cheddar and sun dried tomatoes. Also, added more dijon to taste. Through it in a casserole dish and broiled the top of it for a nice crispy texture. SO yummy!!!
Broccoli Mac and Cheese
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 21.3g
- Carbohydrate: 52.4g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 480mg
- Calcium: 437mg
- 8 ounces uncooked large elbow macaroni
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 center-cut bacon slice, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4.5 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add broccoli during the last minute of cooking; cook for 1 minute. Drain.
- 2. Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon; cook 4 minutes or until crisp. Add butter to pan; swirl until butter melts. Add milk mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in cheese. Add pasta mixture to pan, stirring to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note