- 8 ounces uncooked large elbow macaroni
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 center-cut bacon slice, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4.5 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- calories 380
- fat 10.1 g
- satfat 5.7 g
- monofat 2.5 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 21.3 g
- carbohydrate 52.4 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- cholesterol 28 mg
- iron 2.4 mg
- sodium 480 mg
- calcium 437 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add broccoli during the last minute of cooking; cook for 1 minute. Drain.
Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon; cook 4 minutes or until crisp. Add butter to pan; swirl until butter melts. Add milk mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in cheese. Add pasta mixture to pan, stirring to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.