Broccoli Ham Turnovers
Attractive sandwiches with a fresh-tasting filling. From Lupie Molinar: Tucson, Arizona. Recipe published in Quick Cooking March/April 2000.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cup(s) (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) heavy whipping cream
- • Place broccoli in a steamer basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain well. In a bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, ham, onions, parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- • On a floured surface, roll out pastry; cut each in half. Place 1-1/2 cups filling on one side of each half; flatten filling with a spoon. Combine egg and cream; brush some over pastry edges. Fold pastry over filling. Seal edges and prick tops with a fork.
- • Place on a baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note