I first went looking for microwave recipes when my stove died. I've since acquired several for things one would not expect to work in the microwave. I wanted to give this recipe 4 stars, but "good enough for company" (the description for 4 stars) seems a bit much. I have made this recipe many times, and it is especially good for when you don't want to heat up the kitchen. The hash browns are better placed in the pan cold as they get sticky when they are thawed. Only thaw them as much as needed to break them apart. The hash browns always slide down the side of the pan as they cook, but it doesn't affect the finished dish. I have a deep-dish 9-inch pan which means up to 6 large eggs plus an extra 1/8 to 1/4 cup milk are required to fill it, and that is the only problem I have with this recipe. I have cooked this recipe in 1100 watt and 1250 watt microwaves.
Broccoli Ham Quiche (microwave)
- 2 cup(s) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup(s) diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh broccoli
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- • Place hash browns in a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes or until thawed. Press onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, ham and broccoli.
- • In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over ham mixture. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 5-7 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note