Broccoli Ham Quiche
This rich quiche is attractive enough to serve for a company brunch...and it tastes terrific. Recipe published in Country Woman January/February 2001.
Stand: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 9-inch unbaked deep-dish pastry shell
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup(s) diced fully cooked ham
- • Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- • Meanwhile, place broccoli in a small saucepan; add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice water. Drain and pat dry with paper towels
- • Toss cheeses with flour; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, onion and seasonings. Stir in the ham, broccoli and cheese mixture. Pour into prepared crust.
- • Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note