Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 cup(s) fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 4 cup(s) fat-free milk
- 2 1/2 cup(s) (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- • Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- • In another saucepan, saute the onion, ham and red pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- • Stir in the cheese, parsley, mustard and seasonings until blended. Drain broccoli and macaroni; stir into cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish (dish will be full).
- • Combine bread crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note