Broccoli-Ham Hot Dish
For a potluck, this is a delicious and colorful way to use up leftover ham. From Margaret Wagner Allen: Abingdon, Virginia. Recipe published as Broccoli-Ham Hot Dish in Taste of Home April/May 1993.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 10-ounce package(s) frozen cut broccoli
- 2 cup(s) cooked rice
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter, cubed
- 2 cup(s) fresh bread crumbs (about 2-1/2 slices)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 3 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/2 pound(s) fully cooked ham, cubed
- Shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- • Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. Spoon rice into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Place broccoli over rice.
- • Melt butter in a large skillet. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the bread crumbs and set aside. In remaining butter, saute onion until soft. Add the flour, salt and pepper, stirring constantly until blended; stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add ham.
- • Pour over rice and broccoli. Sprinkle with crumbs. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note