easy and delicious. this will be one of my signature dishes!
Holly's Broccoli Ham and Cheese Strata
A perfect holiday brunch for those you love.
Yield: serves 8 to 10
- 14 slices white or wheat bread, crusts trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheeese, shredded
- 1 (10-oz.) pkg. chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Butter a 13"x9" baking dish. Layer 7 slices of bread on bottom of dish. Sprinkle half of cheese over bread slices. Next, layer thawed chopped broccoli, onion, ham and tomato over cheese. Top with remaining cheese and bread slices.
- In a mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients; beat well. Pour egg mixture over layered ingredients in baking dish. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 to 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note