Broccoli-Ham Cheese Pie
Sheets of easy-to-use phyllo dough create a crisp buttery crust for this comforting entree: an egg and vegetable pie. From Nancy Granaman: Burlington, Iowa. Serving Accompaniments: Maple Sausage Patties, Raspberry Streusel Muffins, Cinnamon Granola and Cransational Breakfast Drink. Recipe published as Broccoli-Ham Cheese Pie in Light & Tasty December/January 2006.
Stand: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1 16-ounce package(s) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and patted dry
- 1 cup(s) cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 cube(s) (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cube(s) egg substitute
- 1 cup(s) fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- • Spritz one sheet of phyllo dough with butter-flavored spray. Place in a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray; allow one end of dough to overhang edge of plate by 3-4 in. (Until ready to use, keep phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent drying out.) Repeat with remaining phyllo, overlapping the sheets (staggering the points around the plate) and spritzing with butter-flavored spray between each layer.
- • In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, ham, cheese, onion, parsley, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; spoon into crust. Combine egg substitute and milk; pour over broccoli mixture. Fold edges of dough over filling toward center of pie plate. Spritz edges with butter-flavored spray.
- • Cover edge of crust with foil. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note