These cute cakes offer a fun way to use up broccoli: tasty as a side dish paired with any meat, or serve them with salsa and a dollop of fat-free sour cream for a festive appetizer. From Tracy Eubanks: Ewing, Kentucky. Recipe published in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bunch(es) broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- Salsa, optional
- • Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Coarsely chop broccoli and set aside.
- • In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, cheese, flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in broccoli.
- • Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 2 heaping tablespoonfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Cook in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with salsa if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note