Allison Adato's new book, Smart Chefs Stay Slim, devotes a chapter to breakfast. She interviews chef Marc Murphy of New York City's Landmarc, who discusses making this "breakfast pizza" for his kids. Recipe published in Food & Wine: March 2012.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 1/2 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, cook the garlic in 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately high heat for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli and red pepper and cook for 1 minute. Stir in 2 tablespoons of water, season with salt and pepper and cover. Cook over moderate heat until the broccoli is crisp-tender, 2 minutes; let cool.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and black pepper. Stir in the broccoli. Return the skillet to the stovetop and heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Pour in the eggs and cook over moderately low heat, until set around the edge, 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the center is just set, 12 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 4 to 6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note