Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
This versatile side dish can be made with green beans, carrots or any other preferred vegetable. Adding cubed cooked chicken turns it into a main dish. From Robin Stevens: Cadiz, Kentucky. Recipe published in Quick Cooking September/October 1999.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 12-ounce package(s) fettuccine
- 1 cup(s) chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- • Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and broccoli to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- • In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and broccoli.
- • Drain fettuccine; top with the broccoli mixture.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note