Creamy vegetable side dish. As pretty as it is tasty, it's an extra-special way to serve broccoli, and it really dresses up a table. Recipe published in Country Woman Christmas.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 6-ounce package(s) corn bread stuffing mix
- 2 10-ounce package(s) frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/3 cup(s) milk
- 1 3-ounce package(s) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) paprika
- • In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the water, 1/4 cup butter and seasoning packet from stuffing mixes; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; add stuffing crumbs and toss. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- • Spoon stuffing around edges of greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place broccoli spears in center of dish. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt remaining butter. Stir in the flour, bouillon and salt until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- • Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Add onions; mix well. Pour over broccoli. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Yield: 8-10 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note