Broccoli Crunch Salad with Bacon and Currants
My family always begs for Broccoli Crunch Salad from Whole Foods Market. One day I realized I could make it myself. The results were stellar!
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 8 Minutes
- Calories: 170
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 13.9g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 192mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 6 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Steam broccoli, covered, 2 minutes. Plunge broccoli into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and pat dry.
- 2. Combine mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients (through pepper) in a large bowl. Add broccoli, currants, onion, and bacon; toss well.
- Tip: To avoid watery eyes while dicing an onion, peel it first, and chill it in the refrigerator before dicing.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note