Broccoli Crunch Salad with Bacon and Currants
My family always begs for Broccoli Crunch Salad from Whole Foods Market. One day I realized I could make it myself. The results were stellar!
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 8 Minutes
- Calories: 170
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 13.9g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 192mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 6 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Steam broccoli, covered, 2 minutes. Plunge broccoli into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and pat dry.
- 2. Combine mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients (through pepper) in a large bowl. Add broccoli, currants, onion, and bacon; toss well.
- Tip: To avoid watery eyes while dicing an onion, peel it first, and chill it in the refrigerator before dicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note