I made these as regular-sized muffins. I could have made a meal out of these alone, but they're a great accompaniment to soup or as a brunch addition.
Broccoli Cornbread Muffins
This Southern-style cornbread is blissfully easy to prepare thanks to a few store-bought ingredients like frozen broccoli and corn muffin mix. Make this cornbread muffin recipe for an easy barbecue side or a festive dinner bread.
- 1 (8 1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together eggs and butter, blending well; add to broccoli mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon into lightly greased mini muffin pans, filling three-fourths full.
- Bake at 325° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes before removing from pans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note