Broccoli Chicken Lasagna
This special lasagna can be made the night before and chilled. Remove it from the refrigerator 30 min. before baking. From Carol Gaus: Itasca, Illinois. Recipe published in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003.
Stand: 15 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 pound(s) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 16-ounce package(s) frozen broccoli cuts
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup(s) minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) white pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 pound(s) thinly sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- • In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of sauce into the eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160°, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, nutmeg and cayenne. Set aside.
- • In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in remaining butter until tender. Add chicken; cook and stir until juices run clear. Stir in the broccoli, carrot and remaining salt. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add parsley and pepper.
- • In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer 1/2 cup of the sauce, three noodles, half of the chicken mixture, 1/2 cup sauce and a third of the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Top with three noodles, the remaining chicken mixture, half of the remaining mozzarella, 1 tablespoon Parmesan and 1/2 cup sauce. Top with the remaining noodles. Place the remaining mozzarella slices over noodles. Top with remaining sauce; gently lift noodles away from sides of the dish, letting sauce flow underneath. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note