Refrigerate: 8 Hours
- 12 slice(s) buttered bread
- 2-1/4 cup(s) (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cup(s) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 cup(s) diced cooked chicken
- 6 eggs
- 3 cup(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- • Using a doughnut cutter, cut 12 rings and holes from bread; set aside. Tear bread scraps and place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 2 cups cheese, broccoli and chicken. Arrange rings and holes, with buttered sides up, on top.
- • Beat eggs, milk, onion, salt, mustard and pepper; pour over top. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- • Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 55-60 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note