Broccoli Cheese Strata
An excellent easy-to-prepare lunch for two. If preparing only for one, reheat the extra portion in the microwave. From Mina Dyck: Boissevain, Manitoba. Recipe published in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008.
Refrigerate: 8 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 2 slice(s) white bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) dill weed
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- • In a small microwave-safe dish, microwave broccoli and onions in water on high for 1 minute; drain and set aside. Place bread in a shallow 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add broccoli mixture and cheese.
- • In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, dill, nutmeg and pepper; pour over cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- • Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note