Broccoli Cheese Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 3/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded swiss cheese
- 2 1/2 - 3 cup(s) lightly steamed or blanced broccoli
- Simmer chicken broth and chopped onion for 15-20 minutes in a covered small saucepan, until onions are soft. Heat milk in microwave for 1-2 minutes. In a separate medium-sized stockpot, melt butter then add flour, salt and pepper. Cook together, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes, then whisk in warmed milk. Stir and heat together on medium heat until soup starts to thicken, about 5-8 minutes. Add warmed chicken broth and continue to stir until well blended. Add cheeses and stir until completely melted. Stir in seamed broccoli. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Serve immediately in bowls or bread bowls.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Delacy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews