This tasted amazing, and wasn't hard to make at all! I used fresh broccoli (that's what I had on hand). Came out great! Making this again.
This easy homemade broccoli and cheese soup features the convenience of frozen broccoli, packaged croutons, and on-hand staples such as flour, milk, chicken broth and cheese.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 272
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Sodium: 927mg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 qt. chicken broth
- 6 cups frozen broccoli florets (about 1 1/2 lb.), thawed
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp
- 2 cups prepared croutons, for serving
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring to make a paste, for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in broth and then bring to a boil. Add broccoli and cook, stirring often until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using a blender, puree broccoli mixture in batches. Transfer batches to a large bowl. Return puree to saucepan, place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Gradually whisk in milk and 1 cup cheese. Ladle soup into bowls. Top each serving with croutons and a sprinkling of remaining cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note