Made this for my son's end of season baseball party and it was a huge hit. I took a short cut and put the dish in the microwave for about 10 minutes, stirred everything together and then put it in the oven for about 20 minutes. So I cut the cooking time down and everything still got cooked. Awesome Dish.
Broccoli, Cheese, and Rice Casserole
Light Velveeta cheese, low fat milk, and reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup make this broccoli casserole rich and super creamy, yet still under 150 calories and 5 grams of fat per serving.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 137
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Carbohydrate: 19.2g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 410mg
- Calcium: 160mg
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 4 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, softened
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and spoon into a 2-quart casserole. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note