Following the directions perfectly the rice was totally raw/hard.
Broccoli, Cheese, and Rice Casserole
Try our lightened version of the classic broccoli, cheese, and rice casserole. You'll give your family all the flavor of the original (with far fewer calories).
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 137
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Carbohydrate: 19.2g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 410mg
- Calcium: 160mg
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 4 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, softened
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and spoon into a 2-quart casserole. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Broccoli, Cheese, and Rice Casserole Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This