Broccoli-Cheese Noodle Soup
This creamy soup, which tastes like you spent all day cooking, is very filling with salad and bread. Try spooning the leftovers over baked potatoes. From Trinity Nicholas: Mt.Carbon, West Virgina. Recipe published as Broccoli-Cheese Noodle Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 2004.
- 3 cup(s) frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 ounce(s) angel hair pasta, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) water
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 6 ounce(s) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- • Cook both the broccoli and pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the water, milk and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- • Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Stir in the broccoli, pasta and sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 4-5 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note