I used whole wheat flour and my crepe maker (for the 1st time...really neat). These were great. My daughter and I had them for breakfast.
Broccoli Cheese Crepes
This recipe, with a cheesy broccoli mixture tucked into tender homemade crepes, is perfect to prepare for a special brunch or light dinner for two. From Jane Shapton: Irvine, California. Serving Accompaniment: Strawberry Avocado Salad. Recipe published in Quick Cooking May/June 2005.
Stand: 15 Minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 6 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- • For batter, combine the eggs, water, flour and salt in a blender. Cover and process until smooth; let stand for 15 minutes.
- • Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt until cheese is melted. Stir in broccoli. Cover; keep warm.
- • Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed.
- • Spoon about 1/2 cup filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Place seam side down in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 filled crepes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note