A small amount of red pepper adds a touch of heat, but feel free to add more if your taste buds like it hot.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 calzone)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 388
- Fat: 13.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 15.4g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 431mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen fresh gluten-free pizza crust dough (such as Gillian's), thawed
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup bottled gluten-free pizza sauce, warmed (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, swirling to coat pan. Add broccoli, mushrooms, and red pepper; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned and moisture evaporates. Remove from heat.
- 4. Cut dough into 4 equal portions. Roll 1 portion into a 6-inch circle on a work surface sprinkled with 1 tablespoon flour. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and flour.
- 5. Spoon 1/4 cup vegetable filling into center of each circle; sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese. Brush edges of dough with water; fold dough in half over filling, pressing firmly to seal.
- 6. Place calzones on prepared baking sheet; coat tops with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool slightly, and serve with warm pizza sauce, if desired.
- Beef Calzones variation: Replace the vegetable filling with a meaty version. Starting with step 3, cook 1/2 pound ground sirloin, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, and 2 minced garlic cloves in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes, stirring to crumble beef. Drain. Continue the recipe starting with step 4. CALORIES 483; FAT 17.7g (sat 3.8g, mono 4.5g, poly 1.7g); PROTEIN 26.1g; CARB 56.8g; FIBER 1.4g; CHOL 37mg; IRON 4mg; SODIUM 465mg; CALC 22mg
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches