Broccoli and Cheese-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Resistant starch: 3 grams
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 potato, 1/2 cup broccoli and 1/4 cup cheddar sauce)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 377
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 66g
- Sugars: 6g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sodium: 403mg
- 4 Idaho potatoes, scrubbed (10 ounces)
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 ounces reduced-fat extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, defrosted
- 1. Cook potatoes:
- OVEN: Preheat oven to 400°. Pierce potatoes with a fork, and wrap each in foil. Bake until tender, 1 hour.
- MICROWAVE: Pierce potatoes with a fork, and wrap each in a paper towel. Place in microwave, and cook on high 8 minutes, until just tender when pierced with a fork (potatoes will continue to cook when removed from microwave).
- While potatoes are cooking, make sauce:
- 2. Combine milk and flour in a small saucepan, bring to simmer, and cook, whisking, until thickened, 2–3 minutes. Add cheese, salt, pepper, and cayenne, and whisk until sauce is smooth. Continue to simmer, whisking, an additional 2 minutes.
- 3. Heat broccoli in a heat-safe dish in the microwave for 4-5 minutes, until hot.
- 4. Split cooked potatoes open with a knife. Spoon 1/2 cup broccoli into each potato, and top with 1/4 cup Cheddar sauce.
Cook time is for microwave method.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Broccoli and Cheese-Stuffed Baked Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: Health
More Recipes for Main Dishes