Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1/4 cup(s) whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 pound(s) frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
- 4 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- 1. In frying pan, put oil and heat but not so that it smokes. Slowly start whisking flour, a little at a time until smooth and bubbly. Be sure to whisk well. Slowly whisk in chicken broth a little at a time keeping all smooth and bubbly. When all chicken broth is mixed in, remove from heat.
- 2. Pour mixture into prepared crock pot (spray first with pan spray)
- 3. Add broccoli.
- 4. Cook on low, covered, for 4 to 6 hours.
- 5. When cooked, add cheese 1 cup at a time being sure thoroughly melted before you add the next cup. Mix thoroughly after each cup of cheese.
- 6. When done stir in salt/pepper and garlic powder to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note