Broccoli and Cauliflower Tower
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $.80
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 65
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 614mg
- 1 1/2 pounds cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add 2 tsp. salt and cauliflower; cook until just tender, 7 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Repeat with broccoli, cooking for 5 minutes and rinsing. Blot both dry with paper towels.
- Grease a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl with 1 Tbsp. butter. Starting with a layer of cauliflower, fill bowl tightly, alternating veggies to create layers when bowl is inverted (as pictured).
- Cover bowl with waxed paper; fit a small plate on top. Weigh down plate with a few soup cans; let stand 1 hour.
- Remove cans. Microwave bowl on high for 10 minutes. Remove plate and paper, place serving dish on top and carefully invert. Remove bowl and sprinkle with pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables