This recipe was awesome. I almost left the nuts out because they seemed like an odd ingredient and I didn't have any pecans. But I bought some and so glad I did, they are what puts this recipe over the top. Will make this one again and again. My next step is to see if I can put together in advance and cook 24 hours later at camp. Would make a great appetizer too.
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil
- Cook florets in 2 cups boiling water in a Dutch oven over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until very tender; drain.
- Mash florets with a fork or potato masher in a large bowl. Stir in eggs and next 4 ingredients.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/4 inch into a large skillet; heat to 350°. Drop broccoli mixture by tablespoonfuls into hot oil; cook, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack on a baking sheet; keep warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables