Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
This creamy casserole can be made a day ahead, refrigerated and then baked just before dinner. Unbaked casserole may be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bake as directed. Using frozen vegetables makes this dish a cinch. Flavor Variation: Substitute 1 teaspoon lemon & pepper seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves for the Italian Seasoning. Recipe from McCormick.
- 1/2 cup(s) plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 16-ounce package(s) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 16-ounce package(s) frozen cauliflower florets, thawed
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 4 ounce(s) (1/2 package) cream cheese, cubed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning in small bowl. Set aside. Cut up any large broccoli or cauliflower florets into bite-size pieces.
- 2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper. Add milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add vegetables; toss gently to coat. Spoon into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle top evenly with crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake 40 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note