We made this for thanksgiving dinner and it was AMAZING!! We couldn't wait for it to get to the table and those of us in the kitchen snacked on it before everyone else even knew dinner was ready. We made this with two changes: We used fresh veggies and just steamed them slightly before baking. We had to leave off the garlic salt due to a garlic allergy. DELICIOUS!! This is one of our new family favorites and a great offering for potlucks.
Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
Yield: Makes 10 servings
- 1/2 cup plain unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Italian Seasoning, divided or 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Salt Free Italian Seasoning, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower florets, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese, cut-up
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Mix bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning in small bowl. Set aside. Cut up any large broccoli florets or cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper. Add milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add vegetables; toss gently to coat. Spoon into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle top evenly with crumb mixture.
3. Bake 40 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned.
Nutrition information per serving
Fat: 11 g
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Cholesterol: 31 mg
Sodium: 432 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 7 g
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables